Thursday, March 19, 2009

The banks sing for their supper

Gordo I know you're going to be upset
'Cause I was always your golden girl
But you should know by now
I'm just a baby

You never taught me right from wrong
I need your help, Gordo please be strong
I may be flawed at heart
But I know what I'm saying

The crash you never warned me about
The crash you said I could do without
We're in an awful mess, and I don't mean maybe - please

Chorus:

Gordo don't preach, I'm in trouble deep
Gordo don't preach, the share price falls are steep
But I made up my mind, I'm keeping my gravy, oh
I'm gonna keep my gravy, mmm...

You say that you're going to save me
We can rescue our GDP
Maybe we'll be all right
Taxpayers sacrificed

But the press keep telling me to give it up
Saying it's a disgrace, I musn't live it up
What I need right now is some good advice, please

(chorus)

Gordo, Gordo if you could only see
That you must back this failed ideology
Your eggs are in our basket right now
'Cause we are in debt, we are in debt, so please

(chorus)

Gordo don't preach, we're in trouble deep
Gordo don't preach, the sterling falls are steep

Gordo don't preach, no regulatory creep
Gordo don't preach, risks all in a heap

(repeat)

Oh, I'm gonna keep your gravy, ooh
Don't you stop loving me Darling
I know, I'm keeping your gravy

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home