Thursday, February 24, 2005

Time, Strings and Branes

I just can't seem to get enough.

It's funny, I've been reading a lot recently, including New Scientist, which is not a normal behaviour and I've seen some references to braneworlds, and how our 4D world (3D plus Time) may just be floating in some quagmire of 9D reality. The reason we are still here is that 4D braneworlds can avoid most of the other 'strings' or 'branes' and 1D and 2D are not enough for Life to get very far on. But one of these days we'll hit another braneworld and explode.

Sounds like too much acid having its insidious effect on an otherwise stable and productive mind.

But I suppose it's plausible. In the absence of anything else. And it's almost as much fun as the particle universes theory that Carl Sagan liked so much (every particle is its own universe and to the next few levels up we look like an atom).

Somedays I'm glad I'm not a scientist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home