Monday, February 28, 2005

Underneath the Blister

So I played bass for the first time in my life on saturday night. It were great. Apart from the great big FO blister on my thumb (we were short a pick). Fortunately, I remembered one of my great lessons - that of pain.

When I was about 16 I necked most of a bottle of vodka at my mate's house and then spent 2 or 3 hours regaling his parents' friends with my singer-songwriter improv on an acoustic guitar. As I don't play the guitar this was probably very 'special'. However they put up with me until I managed to teleport myself home somehow. Passed out.

I woke up and went and lay down in the bathroom at home. As you do. I then noticed that there was a huge swelling on my right thumb. It was white and I was curious so I bit it off. I then spent the next 24 in almost the worst pain of my life. I was so drunk that I couldn't sleep so I had to lie there in agony as the exposed dying raw red bloodshot flesh screamed my stupidity at me.

So I left this blister be.

Pain is a great teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home