Thursday, April 21, 2005

An i Cala i Aldallon - For the Light of the Trees

I had a very Tolkien-heavy weekend. Friday night I went out to Synthetic Culture at the Egg club - see www.turbulentsoundscape.com and there might even be some pictures up eventually.

But then Saturday, Sunday and even Monday night were all solid LOTR or other JRR games.

Saturday afternoon - CLWG games weekend - I ran my Elven political game for the bigger Silmarillion game Trevor and I have been working on. Got 4 players, and it worked really well - the humans stole all the land and the Elves looked pretty worried by the end of the game.

Saturday evening - Trevor and I played War of the Ring for hours on end - he won with a Ring victory for the Free Peoples.

Sunday morning - CLWG games weekend - Trevor's Pelennor fields figure game - I commanded the Rohirric cavalry charge on the Orcs and Haradrim. Theoden and Eomer both died, though, and we took heavy losses but annihilated an entire Orc tribe before heading for Druadan. We were about to start an English Civil War game but were cut short and headed for home.

Sunday evening - Dunc and I played War of the Ring, but had to leave it out as we hadn't finished by 11.30.

Monday evening - finished the game - I won a military victory with the Free Peoples - my second in a row against Dunc. Grimbeorn took Mount Gundabad and Legolas took Dol Guldur on his last attack. Aragorn and Boromir took Umbar, but had to run away. Was pretty pleased, though. Key seemed to be putting pressure on the Dark player in many areas at once - Aragorn was outside the Morannon at the end with the last of the Gondor forces.

Brilliant weekend if perhaps a little narrowly focused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home