Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Only the shame remains

Went to Life of Agony at the Mean Fiddler last night with Phil.

Awesome.

Their new stuff is much more stoner rock than hardcore metal - it didn't really mix that well with the old songs they played, but at least it did give everyone a chance to recover between savage slammings.

They played a whole load of songs from 'River Runs Red' and 'Ugly', which are two brilliant albums. 'This Time', 'Through and Through', 'Bad Seed' and 'River Runs Red' all came out, and they finished with an awesome and memorable 'Underground'.

'I can see it in the air I breathe
I can see we all agree
Unwilling to change for society
We'll be who we wanna be

We are the Underground
We are the Underground'


During which I danced foward in a blind spin, slipped, was pushed and flew face first into the pit at about knee-level. Smashed my knee on the raised stage, went belly-down on the floor, grabbed someone's ankles and pulled myself out. The pain still remains. Actually I think I probably would have done some serious damage but for my trusty glasses case which took some of the impact. Yowser.

Actually I'd already been knocked down in the pit halfway through the fourth song, which spelt the end of my reign in the prime three-back in the middle position. Still bruised on the belly and both my arms are knackered from pushing sweaty skinheads aside. I almost lost my vest in the mosh!

Brilliant gig - just like the old days. Sadly finished early but I reckon I'd had enough by the end.

'Keep on screaming these words, screaming these words
'til every voice is heard, voice is heard
Keep on screaming these words, screaming these words
'til every voice is heard
Calling from the Underground...'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home