Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Playing catch up

Oh OK
so I never really finished. I've been that busy.

Saturday
Made it to Fruitstock (http://www.fruitstock.co.uk/) in Regent's Park just before Nitin Sawhney (http://www.nitinsawhney.com/) was due on. We bumped into one of P's college friends and then some others turned up.

Nitin came on early and was amazing. He started with Sunset and also played the Conference and Homelands, which are probably my 3 favourites. There was a little of his slightly dirty latin-jazz stuff, which I hate, but the old stuff was sweet.

P and A went home and I went and found the Camden Crew and went to the Oxford Arms for some r-r-ranting, failing utterly to go to Finsbury Park party or the Hammer House of Horror housewarming in Islington. But probably a good thing as:

Sunday
Chestnut down in Merstham - that's twice this week.
Failed utterly to leave as the CRICKET was mesmerising - we finally bowled Australia out with 2 runs to spare at about midday, so I was pretty late. It was worth it though - I've never seen England beat Australia in a test.

Some really good sessions:
Bonnie Dundee by James worked well - all my men died. Probably about right.
Naval system for the massive WW2 game in October was also good, although I whined a bit about the unfeasibility of Japanese success in the system.
The Hitler command game for the same tryout was brilliant - I was Ribbentropp and sank without trace. Donitz grabbed all the 'fireside chats' with Hitler and ran the country
Samurai heroes development was sadly curtailed by the excellent barbacue. Mmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home