Thursday, June 29, 2006

Zusammen - fussball

Is it just me or have all the world cup songs been rubbish this year? I know we've had some shockers over the years but at least they were catchy and sing-able in the pub. I hated Vindaloo but it does have a ring to it.

All the tracks this year have sucked - no decent chorus. The official song is the worst - the chorus is about as suitable as the corporate sponsors. I think the only solution is to get the Finnish Eurovision winners to write the next one.

Anyway England should win on Saturday - without Costinha Rooney should get some space behind their midfield and I can't see their defence stopping him. As long as they don't foul him at the start of the match again I don't think it should be too tough. But having said that I'm sure they'll make us sweat.

I reckon Sven should start with
Robinson
Neville Terry Ferdinand Cole
Hargreaves
Lennon Beckham Gerrard Cole
Rooney

Lampard definitely deserved to start the tournament on his domestic form, but he's been rubbish so far - 21 missed shots is a shocking record. I know people say: "at least he's getting into the right positions" but that means p*ss all if you don't pass or shoot on target. If he wastes another bunch of good chances that could be the difference between us and the Portugeezers.

But he'll probably start with Lampard. I suppose he has to score one sometime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home