Monday, June 05, 2006

Same Old Day


Phil Anselmo Loaded
Originally uploaded by Dark Hunter.
"I never stoned the crow
Stoned the crow, no no"

I saw Down, and Phil, and P, the first two for the first time at the Astoria on Tuesday. Awesome. No support - just videos of their favourite tracks and bands (Metallica, Sabbath, Led Zep, Slayer) and then all the old tunes.

The second album sounded good live - I should go and buy it I guess. Temptation's Wings, Hail the Leaf and Lifer all led savage moshing. The crowd seemed to sense me and P were up for it and gave us loads of space, which just encouraged us. I haven't moved like that for years. My neck still hasn't recovered. But they showed their mellower side with Jail.

Losing All and Stone the Crow were the best tracks, as ever.

"My lying eyes lie awake"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home