Tuesday, May 03, 2005

RoS

Had a bit of a Robin of Sherwood night on Sunday as I failed to go to Herbal.

The 'Arianrhod' music from 'Herne's Son Part 2' is really starting to bug me. I've got a Clannad song that sounds almost exactly like it on the Karma Lounge CD, but the chorus is completely different. It's Caislen Oir, which I can't find any lyrics to.

It sounds like:
'Herne, Herne,
Arvum Devum Surshenn,
Arvum Devum Sursheen...'

But it's not. Although the words sound Latin the language is definitely Irish Gaelic. Or some kind of strange hybrid. I might have to ask Clannad...

Anyway the episode is particularly good because Richard O'Brien is Owen of Clun's druid. I think he's probably the best-cast actor in the whole show. Which I admit isn't saying much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home