Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Mad 4 it

I was in Manchester over the weekend visiting my cousin.

Saturday was fairly chilled - pub, curry, the Anchorman. I fell asleep several times even before we all crashed at about 1am. Pretty lame, actually.

However Sunday more than made up for it. Huge breakfast and then pub (with the Manchester Uni blues water-polo team) in the baking sun. Mmm-hmm.

Went to Sankey's Soap (again - went this time last year) http://www.tribalgathering.co.uk/ to see 2 Many DJs http://www.2manydjs.org/v2/frameset.htm and got very very sweaty indeed. Sankey's is so hot that the sweat literally drips off the ceiling. Despite it being someone else's sweat you're grateful to get it. Urgh. at least this year they opened the doors so you could go outside to cool down.

It was absolutely wax-tastic. Chest-to-back dancing. Gurning mancs. Pie-eyed space cadettes. Professional mentalists. Tiny girls with implausibly deep voices. My cousin's cute friend. Explosions of bass. Crowd cheering and shrieking like utter nutters. "Push it real good". Gasping outside like some drowning sea bass. Finding some space upstairs to leap about it. Mosh. Dosh. Osh Kosh B Gosh. Don't forget to wash.

On the way there I had one of the strangest few minutes of my life. I thought I was going to die on the bus to Manchester central from my cousin's house. My sight started to fade to black and I couldn't breathe. I barely got off the bus and had to sit down at the bus stop feeling like it would be my last sitting. But then I felt fine and actually damn amazing a minute later. Very strange indeed.

Perhaps I ought to keep out of the sun next time.

Have it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home