Thursday, November 10, 2005

Born Again

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with all the usual commitment and organisation. Kate rang me at 4:30 and asked what I was doing. Went to the Fitzroy Tavern and almost got foolishly drunk. Stopped just short at the minor head-spin stage which was very wise.

But this wasn't my real celebration. That's next weekend. This was just the warm up.

Feel rough today despite my effective exercise of self-control. Damn and blast it. Maybe some coffee would be good...

Sang 'When tears roll down' by Tears for Fears on the way in this morning. Not for money but for the joy of it all. Although joy isn't perhaps the right word to use for TfF. For the shiny but fatally flawed caterwauling of it all... I must get out of the habit of singing on the tube or near work. One day it will backfire. I'll be singing something really nasty like 'Blood for Blood' or 'Touch Me' and the Chairman will be sitting next to me:

"Hate breeds hate - My eyes have seen the decimation of all that's pure, pure
A system that feeds its machine with the blood, sweat and money of the poor, poor"

Uplifting, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home