Monday, February 06, 2006

Over a month

No posts in January. If I had any hard-core fans out there I would apologise to them for this shocking lacuna. However, I am saved from this embarassment by the lack of said fans, hard-core or otherwise.

So, what have I been doing?

Christmas and New Year
See post below. Mostly food, really. Combined with a bit of an attempt at the world's greatest sitting around. Sadly I just wasn't committed enough to set any kind of apathy record. Got some excellent presents - Peep Show 2, offer of a stereo from my Dad, lots of cool books from my Mum...

Went to the Persian exhibition at the BM between Xmas and New Year. Was excellent - really impressive casts of Persepolis, lots of decent finds and the commentary/links were really good.

New Year in Finsbury Park. Probably too sober (I don't think I even had a drink after midnight) but stayed up dancing to Lab 4 and Trance N Bass until I was stopped by the Bad Music police. Dropped in on the Camden crew beforehand which was entertaining (absinthe).

Quantock
Will post some pictures up soon. Went for the weekend to an amazing house in North Somerset with 24 people - J and C had organised. We had the whole of the youth hostel and had a great time. Walk along the coast, playing games, talking talking talking talking and also a really good sleep in a bunk bed. Top marks to Z for driving me and G down there and back.

Other events/comments/cr*p
Finished Neal Stephenson's Baroque trilogy. Stunning. Would recommend to all.
Went to see some lame-ass bands in Kentish Town with P and G. Unimpressive but still fun.
Work continues on me and N's empirical studies paper - I need to pull my socks up.
Brilliant megagame - Pirates of Yendor. I sank two pirates ships and avoided everyone else sinking me (despite their best efforts).
Quick look at the Museum of London's new Medieval London exhibition - worth another visit methinks.
More thoughts on military effectiveness - political inclusivity theme - need to write stuff down.
New plan to form Placebo covers band with M and P. M and I try to get in the Placebo video but are denied by a horde of minigoths.

More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home