Friday, July 01, 2005

Obsession

I've noticed my posts have become increasingly narrow in the last while. I think there are three possible responses to this:

1) Enough with the Greek nonsense already
2) Write a game rather than talk about writing a game
3) Do a degree so I can legitimately force other people into conversations about it

But I want to read St. Croix - I've been told it's a decent Marxist account. Now there's something to look forward to.

Order of reading so far:

Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War
Xenophon's continuation of Thucydides
Oxford History of the Classical World
Herodotus' Histories
Xenophon's The Persian Expedition (or Anabasis) - stalled after Cunaxa
Kagan's The Peloponnesian War: Athens and Sparta in savage conflict

In fact I've just ended up talking about it even more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home