Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wandering the Conference

Well,
I'm back in the office after a tough few days in the sun in Brighton. Sweaty city. I fear some of my shirts may never recover.

Mainly went to the panel debates on Tuesday which had John Humphries chairing. Some excellent stuff even if all the policy fireworks didn't go off. Helped out at some of our presentations and then on the stand as well. All good solid stuff. Charging around as well.

Spent Mon and Tue evenings in the Cricketers, which is oddly one of only three pubs that I can remember in Brighton. We went there when I was down in the Marina at the Jubilee. Which is actually quite a while ago now. Decent Thai dinner on Tuesday. But came back Wednesday with all my rubbish goodies. The worst was the multiple (5 copies! Who needs 5 copies?) of someone's guidance to business. Pointless.

Slightly disappointed with myself for not going clubbing on the beach. Must do the Buddha Lounge next time. And try Tuaca, which our waiter recommended (an Italian shot, apparently). But I blame the heat. It certainly wasn't the lameness. Oh no.

Back in work today. And the madness of concurrent leaving drinks doth begin. Rats leaving a sinking ship and all that...

"The Heavens themselves blaze forth the Death of Princes"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home